For an introduction on Blogs and how to read them see the workshop "An Introduction to Blogs as Information Resources" prepared by the Law Libary staff.
Directories of Legal Blogs
- Blawg Republic
- Blawg Search (Justia)
- Law Library Blogs and Blogs by Law Librarians or Law Library Associations (comp. by Bonnie Shucha)
- Law Professor Blogs, "a network of web logs . . . designed from the ground-up to assist law professors in their scholarship and teaching," published by Prof. Paul L. Caron, Univ.of Cincinnati College of Law.
- New Jersey Legal Blogs
- US Law Blog Directory
General Law Commentary
- Law Professor Blogs by Paul Caron offers over two dozen legal blogs on a variety of topics
- Ernie the Attorney / by Ernie Svenson
- Legal Theory Blog: by Professor Lawrence Solum from the University of San Diego School of Law
- Reckless Place, NJEsq blog
- SCOTUSblog: a blog from the law firm of Goldstein & Howe that covers activities in the U.S. Supreme Court & other courts
- Volokh Conspiracy: a blog authored by a group of law faculty, including Eugene Volokh from the UCLA School of Law
- Election Law: by Rick Hasen
Empirical Legal Studies
- Empirical Legal Studies
- LegalMatch Law Blog: statistics on persons seeking attorneys in various specialities through LegalMatch.com.
- Guiding Rights Blog / by Mark Partridge
- The Invent Blog / by patent attorney Stephen M. Nipper
- Lessig Blog / by Prof. Lawrence Lessig
- The Trademark Blog / by attorney Martin Schwimmer.
- Sharia Index The Role of Shari'a Law in U.S. Courts: Concerns Islamic law in contexts including commercial transactions, inheritance rights, and conflicts of law. Co-founded by Rutgers Law Professor/Attorney Abed Awad.
Labor and Employment Law
- Labor and Employment Law Blog (WME Books)
Law and Technology
- beSpacific/ by Sabrina I. Pacifici; " law and technology news ... issues including copyright, privacy, censorship, the Patriot Act, ID theft, and freedom of information."
- The Blogbook(about legal blogs)
- DennisKennedy.blog: "legal technology, technology law and other musings"
- inter alia: "an internet legal research weblog, among other things"
- LawLibTech: discusses law libraries and technology.
- LawTech Guru Blog by Jeff Beard
- lawyerist.com "the lawyering survival guide"
- LibraryLaw Blog, issues concerning libraries and the law.
- Real Lawyers Have Blogs: by Kevin O-Keefe; marketing with blogs for lawyers
- Robert Ambrogi's LawSites: tracking new and intriguing web sites for the legal profession
Law Firms; Legal Profession
- Adam Smith, Esq. "an inquiry into the economics of law firms" / by Bruce MacEwen
- MyShingle.com: for and about solos & small law firms
Law Schools; Legal Education
Pension and Benefits Law
- Benefitsblog: a tax, benefits and ERISA law commentary and news filter
- Benefits Link.com: free benefits compliance information
- ERISA Blog: ERISA law commentary
- The 10b-5 Daily: news and events related to securities class action litigation
Sentencing Law and Policy
- Sentencing Law and Policy: a blog by Prof. Douglas A. Berman
- Tax Prof Blog: a blog by Prof. Paul Caron